About Malin Court
Access Statement - Malin Court Hotel 2009/2010
- Malin Court undertakes to offer the best possible service to disabled visitors at all times. Although the main part of the building was built in 1972 and the Mariner Suite and Extension added in 1993 we have tried wherever possible to be accommodating to special needs.
- The following points define our Access Statement
- Set in a rural location with two car park areas. The front car park has an initial step up from the road followed by a further three steps leading up to the front door, and ramp access is also available to the main entrance. The rear car park has four steps leading to the Mariner Entrance and Cotters Restaurant as well as a ramp access.
- Both the front and rear car park are tarmac, the rear parking clearly marked with disabled parking spaces.
- There are ladies and gents toilets both to the front and rear of the building as well as an accessibility toilet and baby/child changing facilities.
- A flight of stairs leads up to the first floor of accommodation. Staff are always on hand to assist guests with special needs to the bedrooms and to help with directions and luggage.
- There are hand rails on all stairs and a lift is available with adequate space to assist disabled guests. We offer to carry guests’ luggage up to the bedrooms.
- Corridors outside the bedrooms are well lit.
- Bedrooms are well lit.
- Executive rooms have large spaces around the beds and large bathrooms which are easy to move around in.
- We offer 24hr room service and designated staff are on duty 24hrs in case of emergency.
- There are Fire Alarms situated throughout the building.
- All staff are fully trained in how to react in an emergency and fire evacuation and to assist guests in evacuating the building and use of “safe areas”.
- The restaurant and bar are situated on the ground floor.
- There is a comfortable lounge for residents and restaurant guests to relax in on the ground floor.
- There are comfortable chairs available which offer firm support and are not too low off the ground to assist elderly or
- infirm guests.
- We have two entry points to Cotters Restaurant with double doors to allow wide access. The Mariner Suite has one point of entry again with double door access.
- Staff are always on hand to assist all guests including disabled guests into the restaurant.
- There is a large font menu available on request.
- Dishes are described in detail as they are set in front of guests and this assists visually impaired people.
- We deal with a number of highly reputable and reliable taxi companies and can put gests in touch with them for transport requirements.
- We have adequate mobile reception in our area and we do offer free use of the telephone to guests for emergency calls.
- Should a doctor be required please contact reception.
- Guide dogs are welcome.